Data Mapping Adventures

 Learning about Data Visualization and more specifically, GIS Visualization has me thinking. We learned how to use data points to map out the birth places and race of academy award winners. But, I kept thinking about all the things I could do with that skill. My first thought (albeit really odd) was to map out all the places my kids have peed, puked or pooped on me all over the world. I'm sure as adults they would love this. But I think the idea I really love is one that my husband and I share and can add to for the rest of our lives. We love to overland (it's like camping off grid.) I could mark the coordinates of all the places we have stopped for the night. I could also add data points such as activities there. For example, did we hike, kayak, climb, swim, fish... I think this is the beginning of something amazing. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many water bottles does one need?

Social Media's gift to Stanley

If bleeding out is the end goal, the insurance company wins